If I could start a Meghan Telpner fan club, I would…
She’s simply a plant-powerful advocate after my own heart—enthusiastic, approachable, the kind of gal you want to have some tea and “eat your way to vibrant health” with.
Similar to my own journey, Meghan “didn’t grow up eating sprouts,” and when she found herself in her 20s facing an “incurable disease,” she took matters into her own hands and discovered the healing power of nutrient-rich food, alternative recovery methods and rejuvenating activities like yoga and meditation.
She’s a generous soul who has been sharing her magic online and out of her downtown Toronto headquarters for years, and now this inspiring breaker-of-rules-in-the-best-way has released her first book, appropriately named—UnDiet: The Shiny, Happy, Vibrant, Gluten-Free, Plant-Based Way to Look Better, Feel Better, and Live Better Each and Every Day!
UnDiet is an incredible wellness guide full of know-how and of course, Meghan’s juicy personality.
What else will YU find in the soon-to-be-dog-eared pages?
• Tips for storing produce and setting up your pantry
• Charts and info for food additives and preservatives to avoid
• Discussion about how counting calories is like “building a mansion on sand”
• How to make herbal teas (YU all know I loved this one!)
• Info to help you identify sweet and salty “poisons”
• Tips for improving digestion
• Tips for storing produce
• And over 40 mouth-watering, delicious and simple plant-based gluten-free recipes
YU may already be familiar with Meghan’s Spicy Sweet Potato and Refried Bean Burrito here on the site, but today I’m sharing a dessert recipe from UnDiet that immediately caught my eye as soon as I cracked the pages. Fate?
Let’s make Meghan’s Super Berry Fruit Crumble
(And good luck not eating it all in one sitting)
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why.
2 cups blueberries*
2 cups strawberries
2 cups apple, cut into 1/2″ cubes
1/2 cup raw honey
1 tbsp arrowroot starch
*In UnDiet, Meghan provides adaptation suggestions (YU know I love that about her, too), and since I only had 1/4 cup of blueberries on hand, I used them and 3/4 cup blackberries to make up the diff and it worked beautifully.
2/3 cup brown rice flour
2/3 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup sliced or slivered almonds
1/2 cup raw honey
1/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Mix fruit, raw honey and arrowroot…
… and spread into an 11″ x 9″ glass baking dish. Flatten with a spatula to make sure it is evenly spread.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all topping ingredients…
… then crumble evenly over fruit mixture. If the fruit doesn’t look completely covered, add additional flour almonds or oats until the surface is covered.
4. Bake for 45 minutes, or until lightly browned and bubbling.
Now, I know that YU drooled on your keyboard a bit there, and that is totally understandable (and to be honest, expected when it comes to Meghan’s recipes). And I’m sure that you want to get your hands on a copy of UnDiet A.S.A.humanly.P.
– – –
Let’s get our GIVEAWAY on! Giveaway Entry is now closed.
– – –
Congrats to our giveaway winner Vincent!
– – –
What YU need to do:
1. Officially enter the giveaway by clicking/registering
3. Leave a comment below telling us why YU want to win a copy of UnDiet.
5. Cross your beautiful little fingers and toes.
Thanks to Meghan for the delicious opportunity to review UnDiet, it’s an absolute must-have in the YumUniverse kitchen. Oodles of luck to all of YU who enter the giveaway—one winner will be chosen at random on April 26, 2013.
– – –
Extra Goodness for Everyone:
The YumUniverse community can save 10% on anything in Meghan’s Shop simply by entering the special code “YumUniverse” at checkout. As Meghan would say, “AwesomeTown.”
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Get monthly video recipes and a 5-day meal plan with shopping list and prep sheet.