Lisa Kelly is founder of the vegetarian/vegan/raw recipe blog The Vegetarian Pact which features homemade, organic health food recipes, and kale is the main ingredient in a lot of her creations. This Kale & Brussels Sprouts Salad is her favorite, because “it’s really easy to make and extremely delicious.” Tell us what you think with a comment below and be sure to “like” it on the YumUniverse Facebook Page if it gets your vote for the Big Kale Recipe Contest!
1 lb Brussels Sprouts, sliced thin (about 9 or 10 cups)
1 bunch green kale, sliced thin (about 5 cups)
1 bunch red kale, sliced thin (about 5 cups)
1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup chopped raw almonds
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil plus 2 tbsp
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp white wine
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Let’s get started.
1. Over medium heat, cook 2 tbsp oil with garlic for 1 minute.
2. Add sprouts and cook for 1 minute.
3. Add white wine and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss together kale and carrots.
5. When sprouts are cooked, add to kale mix.
6. Whisk together remaining oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
7. Add oil mix to kale and sprouts and toss.
8. Top with chopped almonds.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Get monthly video recipes and a 5-day meal plan with shopping list and prep sheet.