Here’s a quick list of the healthy Halloween-style recipes that have either inspired me lately, or are a holiday staple in the YumUniverse kitchen. The photo above is a fortunate crumb on a pancake from a batch of Vegan Pumpkin Protein Pancakes! Cue that evil Halloween laugh…
1. Raw Fall Apple Cayenne Crisps
2. Raw Vanilla Almond Milk: Add 1/4 tsp cinnamon, pinch of ground clove and pinch of ground nutmeg.
3. Raw Hemp Milk: Add 1/4 tsp cinnamon, pinch of ground clove and pinch of ground nutmeg.
H A P P Y H A L L O W E E N Y U
Other Tasty Treats and Tips:
1. Elana’s Pantry has some “packaged candy” recommendations as well as tasty gluten-free recipes.
2. The ladies at Pure 2 Raw have a gluten-free and easy pumpkin socca recipe here. I made a version of this last night and topped it with a sweet cashew cinnamon cream. Stay tuned for that post!
3. Pumpkin Date Nut Bars from Christina at Carrots ’n’ Cake.
4. A whole bunch of pumpkin goodness from Heather and Mark over at Hangrypants.
5. Baked Stuffed Apples w. Dried Cherries and Walnuts via Vital Juice.
6. Toasted Pumpkin Seeds 3 Ways by the genius that is Heidi at 101Cookbooks.
7. Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Spice Bars by the truly amazing Dawn Jackson Blatner.
8. Jessica Marie from at CHEW Chicago talks about how to “beat the sweet” with natural sugars this Halloween season.
9. MyRealFoodLife’s recipe for Gluten-Free, Vegan Pumpkin Pie.
10. A lovely Raw Pumpkin Tart by Sarma Melngailis.
11. Seven Vegetarian Pumpkin Recipes including Pumpkin and Peanut Curry!
12. Vegan Pumpkin Pie Brownie recipe from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World.
13. Organic Halloween Cocktails
Ok…heading to the kitchen now for some fun. In the meantime, tell us what your favorite Halloween recipes are!
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Get monthly video recipes and a 5-day meal plan with shopping list and prep sheet.